Confocal/Multiphoton Microscopy Training
Approximate Time: 3 hours
Pre-requisite: Fundamentals of Microscopy
This hands-on training session will introduce the user to the basic operations of one of our
confocal microscopes and provide a foundation for advanced confocal techniques. Amongst our various sites, the AOMF has several confocal microscopes available. Two of which are Olympus FluoView systems (FluoView A and FluoView B) and two Zeiss LSM systems (confocal and two-photon).
All of them are equipped for fluorescence (visual mode), confocal fluorescence and transmitted light imaging.
Once they are able to operate the microscope in fluorescence and transmission modes, the user will be shown how to tailor the confocal system's parameters to suit their own samples. Finally, the user will capture a series of confocal images at increasing depths. Topics covered in this course include:
1. Introduction to the equipment and startup
2. Creating & opening a database
3. Selecting the appropriate laser lines
4. Operating the microscope in visual mode
5. Configuring the light pathways for a specific sample
6. Adjusting the detection parameters for imaging
7. Acquiring and Optimizing Confocal Images
8. DIC transmission imaging
9. Creating a confocal Z-stack and 3D projection
10. Cleanup and shutdown
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or would like to discuss training on this microscope.